Any information on this website or the sister website Simple and Easy Nutrition (www.simpleandeasynutrition.com) or the Facebook Pages/Groups, or in any way, is meant to be viewed as medical or health advice.
Only an accredited health professional can advise you on your specific personal health matters. The contents herein are solely the opinions of Simple and Easy Nutrition/The Bariatric Collective/Suraya Nikwan APD and their contributors, and should not be considered as a form of therapy nor advice. There is no guarantee of validity or accuracy. Simple and Easy Nutrition/The Bariatric Collective/Suraya Nikwan APD assumes no responsibility for injury and specifically disclaims any warranty, express or implied for any products or services mentioned.
You agree to indemnify and hold Simple and Easy Nutrition/The Bariatric Collective/Suraya Nikwan APD, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents and other partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim or demand, including reasonable attorney’s fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Simple and Easy Nutrition/The Bariatric Collective/Suraya Nikwan/Facebook Group website.
We are committed to protecting your privacy.
At Simple and Easy Nutrition/The Bariatric Collective/Suraya Nikwan APD, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- Your personal information will not be passed on to any third party. We will use your email address to send out newsletters to you containing information relating to your interest in health and wellbeing, if you do not wish to receive these emails; you are able to unsubscribe at any time.
- The information you provide will only be used by employees at Simple and Easy Nutrition/The Bariatric Collective/Suraya Nikwan APD. Nothing will be shared with a third party, this includes your email address, name and contact details.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information on your website is shared publicly (or kept private), indexed by search engines, and permanently deleted.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
Simple and Easy Nutrition/The Bariatric Collective is developed and maintained by Accredited Practising Dietitian, Suraya Nikwan APD.
Our business details are below:
– Registered Business Name: Simple and Easy Nutrition/The Bariatric Collective registered to Suraya Nikwan
– ABN: 95 422 02 6996
– Medicare Provider Number: 4901731H
– Address: 1/99 Marine Parade Redcliffe 4020
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
- If you create an account with us, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders or subscriptions. You can manage your subscription by logging into your account at any time.
- We will use your email address to send out newsletters to you containing information relating to your interest in health and wellbeing, if you do not wish to receive these emails; you are able to unsubscribe at any time.
- Contact form submissions are retained for customer service purposes, but we do not use the information submitted through them for marketing purposes.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 10 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses. We store user events via Google Analytics for 26 months (see below).
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them. We also check visitor comments through an automated spam detection service.
We do not collect or retain any sensitive personal data, such as data concerning health, but please be aware of divulging this information in a comment as this information will be visible to visitors.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; for example:
- We use Google Analytics so see where our visitors come from and what you look at. However we do not collect your data for re-marketing purposes. If you buy a product from us, purchase events will send Google Analytics the following information: order number, product id and name, product category, total cost, and quantity of items purchased. Please refer to the appropriate Google Analytics documentationfor the specific type of data it collects.
How long we retain your data
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
- Through Google Analytics we retain user and event data for 26 months.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
If you have concerns
If you have any privacy-specific concerns, please contact Suraya Nikwan by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we protect your data & what breach procedures we have in place
https://simpleandeasynutrition.com/index.html and https://www.thebariatriccollective.com.au/ are secure sites (https). While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorised access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks using JetPack/Siteground Site Monitoring Technology.
If there is a breach, we will do our utmost to contact all users with an account immediately.